- Issuance of Revolte’s private investor membership cards, as NFT, acting as virtual wallets to flexibly fund Revolte’s activities. The first use case would be the financing of the purchase and repair of damaged electric cars in order to recover the profit on resale.
- Creation of a DAO and its treasury, fed by NFT’s primary sales, growing later thanks to the revenues generated by Revolte’s activity. Each NFT represents a percentage of the treasury thus allowing investors to recover a return on their investment. The DAO votes on which investments should be made.
- NFT holders have the opportunity to claim their rewards by burning their NFT. Otherwise, they can reinvest their revenues or sell their NFT on the secondary market, with the rewards associated
- The DAO earns income from the NFT secondary market, from people leaving the DAO and from the issuance of NFT, thereby creating an investment pocket governed by NFT holders
- This model allows Revolte to issue new NFT collections according to the funding needs, bringing new investment opportunities and thus keeping a stable and viable model, even with a bigger supply
Revolte fights against programmed obsolescence and militates for automotive sobriety by developing a network of garages and technicians specialized in electric vehicles.
Revolte’s raison d’être is ambitious and would benefit from the support of a committed community. Keeping a car for 100 years is a profound change in consumer attitudes and practices. For this to happen, large-scale acceptance by consumers is critical.
Furthermore, it takes a lot of money to implement this new way of looking at the world, in addition to the ability to deploy capital rapidly.
We shall make an attempt to satisfy these needs using various blockchain-related mechanisms.
Revolte will issue membership cards to access their private investor club. These cards will be issued in the form of NFTs, which act as virtual portfolios to flexibly finance their activities. The first use case would be the financing of the purchase and repair of damaged electric cars in order to recover the profit on resale. Revolte already has spotted some potential cars that they could repair! There is a lot of demand for this kind of intervention.
To select future investments, a DAO will be created, which will be able to decide where the cash will be deployed. This treasury is initially funded by the sale of the NFT collection. In the future, it will be replenished by the revenues generated by the Revolte activities. Each NFT represents a percentage of this treasury that is used to invest and fund Revolte’s needs. The activities financed are revenue generating and thus allow investors to earn a return on their investment.
Governance and cash flow rights are attached.
Treasury will not be consumed at once and will be used for multiple financings. The DAO will control the direction of the cash flow, through votes of its members. We will detail below the different governance models we could adopt. Once the remuneration is received within the DAO, the NFT holder faces 3 choices:
- Keep their share within the treasury
- Sell their NFT on the secondary market, the shared incentive attached logically acting as a floor price. The DAO recovers royalties from the sale on the secondary market
- Burn the NFT to receive the associated share, implying an exit fee of x% determined and taken by the DAO, allowing new investments
Should Revolte require additional investment, new NFTs may be issued. The issuance price of these NFTs would be equal to the secondary market floor price with an additional premium, thus allowing current holders to remain undiluted and encouraging the secondary market.
More information about the first investment
As part of its business, Revolte buys damaged electric cars, either online or at auction. Thanks to their expertise, they identify the breakdown and repair it. Once the car is functional again, they put it up for sale with a capital gain, including the cost of purchase and repair.
To enable Revolte to do this on a more regular basis, the DAO can invest directly in the purchase of these damaged cars and benefit from Revolte’s expertise in their selection and repair. Once sold, Revolte is compensated for its work and the rest of the profits go back to the DAO.
We will tell you more about the recurrence of these operations and the average profitability. What is very interesting is the fact that even if the car is not repairable but already purchased, Revolte can sell the car to its partners for parts. One of the criteria for the purchase of the car is that the price does not exceed the resale price for parts. This means that in all cases, the DAO will not see a capital loss on its investment but will only benefit from a capital gain if repairable.
Governance is at the heart of this model, so it is necessary to have clear and fair governance conditions and rules.
We have a choice between two models:
- Simple model: 1 NFT = 1 vote
- Model that favors those who are active and beneficial to the DAO
The second model gives the majority of power to those who are most involved in the DAO and not to those who have invested the most. A user’s weight in governance grows the more active they are, based on their initial NFT count.
The second model includes two types of tokens, a classic exchangeable token (the NFT) and one associated with this token that is not exchangeable (governance point, which we will call $VOLT for the example). The number of $VOLT in the wallet of a user represents his weight in the project’s governance.
To obtain $VOLT, i.e. governance power, it is necessary to immobilize one or more NFT. We introduce here the concept of unlimited staking, releasing a defined number of $VOLT per period, as long as the NFT are immobilized.
A predefined amount of $VOLT per day is released for each NFT in stacking. We also want to reward people for participating in the governance of the DAO (i.e. voting). For each completed vote, a defined number of $VOLT is distributed to those who voted, depending on the complexity of the vote.
Unlike their underlying, we do not want $VOLT to be tradable between users. However, it is necessary to hold $VOLT to make a proposal or support a proposal within the DAO. To do this, we will allow DAO members to “spend” $VOLT on certain actions. It will not be the DAO that will receive these tokens, but rather they will be “burned” and the total amount will decrease.
Ideas and exploration
Loyalty and rewards program at Revolte and their partners:
- One example is to reward Revolte customers, who would indirectly become investors. A portion of their spending, if desired, could be used to fund the sustainability of Revolte and allow them to become full stakeholders
- Real benefits and loyalty card at Revolte and their partners.
Sponsorship system and NFT level up:
- Multiple NFT levels based on ecosystem interactions, offering unique benefits
- Ability to sponsor new users to level up and increase potential impact
Use of electric vehicle data to quantify the real impact, providing certification, transparency and traceability:
- Vehicle identity card: past usage and repair data
- Electric vehicle data transmission rewarded
- Rewards in the form of proof of impact to those who enabled the impact in question, after quantification
Eligibility for rewards within the treasury only if the NFT is locked into the DAO (or internal contract), thus showing user confidence in the project.
What do you think of the proposed model?
Come and discuss it with us on Discord!